Today everything has been digitalized. Everything is being carried out through the web and other online services. Promoting a new product or service, buying and selling everything can be carried out online. People prefer going online for everything because it is easy than the traditional methods and also is much faster when compared to the other ways. More productivity is acquired within less time through online methods than through other methods.
The competition from face to face has changed and is faster growth through the web. Getting ranked on the top in the list of competitors on search engine portals has become the main object of starting up a business or even starting up with any service. A person cannot simply rank up on the list of competitors on the search engines. They need to undergo few processes for the search engines to consider them on the list. Only when you rank up the traffic to your site will increase. There are many methods of increasing traffic on the web. These can be primarily classified as organic and inorganic.
Getting traffic to your site organically that is without any pay mode is called organic traffic. When you go with organic traffic, the search engines gradually put your site on the top as the traffic gets to be more. Using organic methods to increase your traffic is one of the most preferred methods though it takes time. Though it is a time taking process, the service stays longer. There are many methods of increasing traffic organically. A few of them are as listed below:
SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
Getting visibility on the first pages of search engines by non-paid methods is called SEO. SEO can be further classified into two types:
On page SEO:
There are many methods of doing on page SEO. On page SEO mainly means using a few tactics on your site which can increase the traffic to your site.
- Giving Meta description to all the URL’s on your site helps increasing traffic on your site.
- Adding Meta description on the back end of the site also helps in increasing the traffic to your site.
- Adding more in page URLs will increase the time on page and decrease the bounce rate which ultimately leads to a ranking of your site.
- High lighting of keywords on the site can increase the domain authority of your site which results in ranking.
- Using long tail keywords will be preferable as most of them use short tail keywords and it will be difficult in ranking.
- Publishing apt content on your site and always updating according to the new changes and facilities as the time pass will show the search engines that your site is an active one which will prioritize your site to be on the ranking list of search engines.
- Keeping your web updated with the latest information will develop an interest in the audience, and they tend to suggest your site to others which ultimately ends up increasing the traffic to your site.
Steps done outside the website to increase the traffic is called off page SEO. Doing off page SEO also has a great impact on bringing traffic to your site. Few methods of doing SEO off the page are listed below:
- Directory submission: Directories online consist of information of every business firm and details of any other works, their address, phone numbers, etc. It can either be of companies or small-scale workshops or even about freelancers. In the traditional method of marketing, this was used in the form of books called yellow pages. But today as everything is digitalized even this has become available online.
Posting ads about your company and giving a link to your site on different directories can drive traffic to your web. Mostly it is directories which pop up in the first when searched for a keyword. Hence, submitting your company details in directories will help to drive traffic.
- Backlink articles: Backlink articles are written on your blogs and are posted by giving keywords related to your site and are linked to your site. Posting your articles on pages with high domain authority will help increase your domain authority as well and can eventually help your site rank up.
Backlink articles can either be considered as organic or even inorganic as it depends on the pages you wish to post your article. If the owner demands pay, then it becomes inorganic, and if the owner gives you access to post your article freely, then that comes under organic traffic.
- Social Media: Social media are considered to be one of the best ways to increase traffic to your web. The number of people using social media is increasing in huge counts day by day. When you post regarding your site on the social media more than 90% of the people, look on to it, and at least 50% of the people enter your site at least for a moment. Social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. have always been a large platform to bring traffic to your site. These social media also get you a chance to organize campaigns through which you can catch the right audience.
- Email marketing: Sending emails to different mail ids after collecting a set of mail ids and filtering it according to the group of crowds required for your site can be a very effective way of getting traffic into your site. When you tend to send emails to a particular crowd which you think is the right audience for your product or service, there is a high chance of people entering your web through those emails. This can be the cause of the increase in the traffic of your web. Targeting the right audience is the key point by taking up marketing online.
- Blogging: Blogging is something very much similar to backlink articles. You can write blogs related to your product or service and give links to your site or even use others blogs to post your articles. People who read the blog will get to know about your product or service and will find more interest in getting in touch with it. This can help you increase traffic to your site easily.
When you post your articles or blogs on other sites with similar content or subject, the audience entering those sites also tend to read your articles and blogs. This can make them look more into your product or service hence increasing the traffic to your site.
- Active online: Being active on online portals and sites will help in knowing if there is an emergency of your product and you can move your card easily and very soon as there is already a requirement for it and only what you have to do is to guide them. Being active online will also help you to get to know if there are any platforms or chances to represent your site online. You can also get to know different crowds which have an interest in your product or service.
You must be aware of the new methods in the market of how to bring traffic to your site. This is possible only if you are active online. Apart from getting information from other forums, you must research by yourself on how to increase the traffic to your website.
- Analytics: Analyzing your site frequently will help you know where exactly you stand in bringing traffic to your web and also get to know if you make any mistakes. Analyzing it regularly will help you in finding out easily that where exactly you have been wrong and can rectify it then and there without searching for it all along.
Analytics will help you know the developments of your site by daily basis, weekly basis, monthly and also a yearly basis. You can keep a constant track of this and improve your site gradually.
- Reviews: Writing reviews on other sites and blogs with one of the links from your site can also increase traffic to your site. Commenting on other blogs, sites, and posts of others through social media especially when they are related to your products or services can be more productive. Only people with interest in the similar subject will go through, and this can also drive their attention towards your comment or reviews and eventually making them land on your web page.
Inorganic traffic is gained by paying. There are many methods of getting traffic to your web by using paying methods. These are said to be inorganic because though you get traffic easily and very soon this may not extend for too long until and unless you keep paying for this. Few method methods of getting traffic through paid methods are:
Most of the search engines have space at the beginning of their search engines left for paid ads. This space is mostly occupied by the person who bids the most for the ranking in this column. Every time a person enters the search engine with a specific keyword, they happen to see these sites in the first place.
Pay per click:
Pay per click or PPC is nothing but ad words only where every time a person clicks on the link of your site given in the first column a certain amount gets cut. By using this method, your ad will remain in the column only until the money you paid exists. Once you get the clicks for your pay, your ad will be removed. This is why chemical methods of marketing stay for less time. That is until you take up the bid from your competitors and people click on your site.
SMS marketing is nothing but getting traffic through SMS. There are sites which will have organized data about people. You can target the right audience and send bulk SMS to them through those sites. You will be charged for every SMS sent. Though this is turning out to be one of the outdated methods of getting traffic this can still be a means to get traffic to your web.
Email marketing can also be considered in both organic and inorganic. Like facilities to send bulk SMS, there are also sites which have mail IDs categorized into different types. This can be used to send bulk emails to the targeted audience, and a certain amount will also be charged for every email sent.
Blogging can also be of both the types organic and inorganic. When you have to pay to get your article or blog posted the method of traffic entering your site becomes inorganic. The pay depends upon the owner of the site or even on the quality of the article you give.
Why web traffic for products or services?
The entire world now depends on the web for almost all needs of theirs. Everyone would prefer staying back at home and get things done in the easiest way possible. This is increasing the demand for sites online, and services offered online. School students to old aged people prefer going online to get information even to buy every small commodity they require.
The demand for online portals is increasing and also proves that there can only be a rise and never a downfall for this need. Information technology or IT as what we can call it in simple is developing in high terms. The researches and experiments done on it to develop the field are very high. People are very much into finding out things which can make things more useful for the people. When things develop with these high terms digitally, the future generation can only survive with the knowledge of online portals and by taking part in the web online. It is essential in every person’s life to learn about them, understand and work on them.
Only when a person has real hand experience on such a thing is that a person can develop themselves forward. For that, they need to get online and understand web and methods of getting people into their crowd. Only by learning the tactics of this they can get to succeed in their professional life.